Re: Please help me to go ahead for MinGW build concerning DL libraries (

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Please help me to go ahead for MinGW build concerning DL libraries ( was DL libraries ....)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:36:50 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Thank you for your explanation. As you pointed out, I have not carried out
'make' after seeing
warning.

I would like to try the changeset by Kai Habel.
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Complie-error-of-gl-render-cc-MinGW-build-concerning-to-uimenu-tp3023073p3034993.html

Before trying to the patch, I wanted to clear the new waring that I see first
time and it seemed to be
related to the 'Native Graphics'.

Anyway, I will try to build with changeset by Kai Habel and report results.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- "John W. Eaton"  wrote:

> On 10-Nov-2010, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
> | Hello
> |
> | Please help me to go ahead for testing MinGW build.
> |
> | Regards
> |
> | Tatsuro
> | --- Tatsuro MATSUOKA  wrote:
> |
> | > Hello
> | >
> | > I have not noticed that the current development package check the DL
> libraries in the
> configure
> | > process.
> | >
> | > <snip>
> | >  CXSPARSE libraries:          -lcxsparse
> | >   DL libraries:
> | > <snip>
> | > configure: WARNING:
> | > configure: WARNING:
> | > configure: WARNING: I didn't find the necessary libraries to compile
> native
> | > configure: WARNING: graphics.  It isn't necessary to have native graphics,
> | > configure: WARNING: but you will need to have gnuplot installed or you
> won't
> | > configure: WARNING: be able to use any of Octave's plotting commands
> | > configure: WARNING:
> | > configure:
> | > configure: NOTE: libraries may be skipped if a library is not found OR
> | > configure: NOTE: if the library on your system is missing required
> features.
> | >
> | > The octave-3.3.53 does not check this in the configure process.
> | > Please show me the where I can find the required components.
>
> The "DL Libraries" are any extra libraries that are needed for the
> dlopen, dlsym, and dlclose functions.  You probably don't need one, so
> it is empty.
>
> The rest of the warning message is about graphics libraries.  You
> haven't shown enough info from the configure summary to know which
> libraries might be missing.
>
> In any case, it is just a warning.  Did you try running make after
> this?  If so, what happened?
>
> jwe

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/