plot() command does not work - mac

From: NyoGoat
Subject: plot() command does not work - mac
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:57:01 -0800 (PST)

I had installed octave from a dmg file created by ... somebody I don't
remember who.  I remember that I had to do something to make it call aqua
correct to plot.  It worked fine, however I am now trying to install
qtoctave, I have reinstalled octave from macports so as to get qtoctave from
macports (which I can't getto work yet) and the plot function isn't working.
X11 opens and aqua opens, but no plot comes up.  If I try and plot again the
octave window just starts thinking and won't continue anymore.