Re: Debugger in Octave

From: Neil Ghosh
Subject: Re: Debugger in Octave
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 00:03:41 +0530

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Montag, 1. November 2010, 11:48:40 schrieb Neil Ghosh:
> Is there any debugger Octave ? For line by line debugging and watching
> variables ?

In the manual (you should have a pdf or html version with your octave
installation) there is a chapter about debugging (in the current version it is
ch 13, but not sure if that was the same in older versions).

Some important functions are
dbstop, dbclear: to set and clear breakpoints
dbcont, dbstep: to continue exectution

look at them with the help command to get the details.

I saw the doc http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Debugging.html#Debugging
Could not figure out how to debug my function in a file myFunc.m

It will be great if you could give me small example how to use these debugging function

--
Thanks and Regards
Neil