Re: Creating figures with Octave Plot

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Creating figures with Octave Plot
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:43:29 +0100

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 05:16:44PM +0100, Francesco Potortì wrote:
> Answering a mail of September, 23:
>
> >I installed epstk for use with octave 3.2+ and couldn't get it to work, so
> >gave up. It worked fine with octave 3.0.2. My system is SuSE 11.2.
> >I sent an email to the developer, but got no response.
>
> Hm.  I just found the time to try one of my old epstk scripts, and it
> worked falwlessly.  I use Octave 3.2.4 and epstk 2.2 from a recent
> Debian distribution.
>
> Maybe Thomas Weber (the octave-epstk Debian maintainer) could be of some
> help, if you keep getting no feedback from epstk's author?

I haven't had any contact with Stefan Mueller (epstk's author) for quite
some time. Then again, FGAN (his employer) was integrated into the
German Fraunhofer organization in 2009, so maybe his email address isn't
valid anymore. Is there anybody in the list with contacts in German's
Fraunhofer institutions?

About the bug: sorry, but I'll need some more information about it. What
does not work? We have quite some patches for epstk in Debian, but none
of them are specific for Octave 3.2. You can find the patches at
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-octave/octave-epstk.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches;

        Thomas