Re: download

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: download
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 13:06:13 -0400

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Birk Reichenbach <address@hidden> wrote:

The main link still does not work for me (and my coworker using the same internet connection):

(Octave version label Version number Release Date Stable 3.2.4 (.tar.gz) (.tar.bz2) 28 January 2010 Testing 3.3.53 (.tar.gz) (.tar.bz2) 19 Oct 2010)

However the mirror site (ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/SciEng/numanal/Octave) worked, so sorry that I bothered you.

And thanks for working on a free software.

Birk

Just for future reference, please cc the octave mailing list, if for no other reason than to let the mailing list know that your problem was resolved.

I'm still a bit confused when you say that the link from the octave site didn't work.  Did you get an error message, if so what was it?  I think it might be useful to know just in case someone else has the same problem.

Also, just as an aside, I unfortunately haven't had enough time to work on octave itself, I'm merely an active user.