Operator overloading and java-integration

From: Ernst Reissner
Subject: Operator overloading and java-integration
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:45:52 +0100

Hi all,
i am trying to access several kinds of arithmetics in octave, all
written in Java.
Examples: Interval, BigDecimal from java and various others.
This seems to work well without rewriting the m-files too much.

The only crook is, that operators have to be transformed into the
according functions.
This forces me writiing plus(a,b) instead of a+b.
Is there really no way, to allow objects octave_java to be combined
using operators?
I imagine just a+b aliasing to invoking plus(a,b).

I would appreciate very much ideas to do without eliminating infix
operations.

greetings and thanks for your suggestions

Ernst