how can I plot an arbitrary function passed through a transfer function?

From: Matthias Lang
Subject: how can I plot an arbitrary function passed through a transfer function?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:35:08 +0100

Hi,

I can define a transfer function like this:

  octave:13> L = tf([9.2404e-8, 7.9861e-1, 1.6049e6], [3.8307e-14, 4.575e-7,
1.7223, 2.1612e6]);

and then I can plot the step response like this:

  octave:15> step(L)

which is a good start.

But what I really want to do is plot an arbitrary function (made up of
a few steps and ramps) after it's passed through my transfer function.

Can I do that in octave? A nudge in the right direction would be nice.

Looking through the mailing list archives, I've found this:

  https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2006-December/002440.html

which seems promising. I'm new to octave, so this may be a dumb
question.

Matt