Re: Plotting in octave

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: Plotting in octave
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 00:39:29 -0700

On Nov 2, 2010, at 12:32 AM, asha g wrote:

At least in OS X, printing the graph to pdf, eg:
  print graph1.pdf
results in, in my opinion, much nicer looking plots.

Pardon my ignorance. But what is OS X ?
I anyway convert eps2pdf and finally attach my pdf plot in beamer  for the talk. But it is still way too light.

Can you write the same code in Octave with Ubuntu to get the plots to print in .pdf. Because that will save me a lot of time - conversion from .eps to pdf can be avoided.

Asha

It should work. You should try my example exactly as is written too.The print command respects plotting commands that are not honored by gnuplot. Conversion to pdf after the fact will not do the same.