Re: executing plot in background

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: executing plot in background
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 10/31/10, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: executing plot in background
> To: "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Ben Abbott" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Date: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 11:00 PM
>

> --- On Sat, 10/30/10, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> > Subject: Re: executing plot in background
> > To: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>
> > Cc: "Ben Abbott" <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden
> > Date: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 12:29 AM
> > 2010/10/30 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
> > > Which legal action ? I.e. pointing to Matlab site
> does
> > not violate any law
> > > - unless Matlab site is itself illegal.
> >

> > > By the way, your fear of legal action in the
> light of
> > Octave's official
> > > goal to be a good functional clone of Matlab is
> quite
> > amusing.
> >
> > Yeah, you're a short-sighted fool too that amuses me,
> if
> > it's gonna be
> > that kind of conversation.
>
> I'm glad you're amused. As I said, the most amusing part is
> not being
> afraid of openly declaring a goal of making a clone, but
> being afraid
> to put links to the original documentation.
>
> And, if not links, then maybe at least names of Matlab
> functions to
> look up ? I hope I can still perform WEB search of items I
> need to find
> info on.
>
> With absolutely no regards,
>   Sergei.

If one looks here: http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/features.shtml
, he/she can see:

100% of the worksheet functions in MS Excel (tm)
.

Gnumeric is quite similar to Octave in a sense it strives to be a (better)
clone of Excel.

The above  statement (with 100%) means (if it's true) that somebody set
down and wrote down all available MS Excel worksheet functions and then
tagged with  proverbial 'v' functions implemented in Gnumeric.

Since humans work with finite speed, there were times in which not all
the functions were implemented.

So, could Octave developers just publish a list of all Matlab functions
with 'v' attached to the implemented ones ? As I've said, I hope I'll be
able to look up what I need in Matlab documentation.

The list should exist somewhere - otherwise the goal of Making Octave
a (better) clone of Matlab is unattainable.

Thanks,
  Sergei.