Re: executing plot in background

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: executing plot in background
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 22:51:57 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 10/28/10, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: executing plot in background
> To: "Rudolf Widmer-Schnidrig" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Thursday, October 28, 2010, 11:53 PM
> On Oct 29, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Rudolf
> Widmer-Schnidrig wrote:
>

> The documentation for Octave's handle graphics is behind
> its capability. It would be great if someone would invest
> their time to work on that.
>
> Volunteers are always welcome.
>
> Ben

Guys (i.e. developers),

you openly declare that Octave is supposed to be compatible with Matlab
(except really dumb cases of Matlab behavior), so a logical consequence
is that Octave plotting subsystem is supposed to be compatible with
Matlab one.

So, why not be constructively lazy and simply include references to
Matlab documentation (URLs, function names).

I also have great difficulties dealing with Octave plot subsystem because
only very basic info is available in the form of 'help ...'.

Thanks,
  Sergei.