Re: unzoom problem

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: unzoom problem
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:28:23 +0200

Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2010, 11:11:26 schrieb Paolo Buratti:
> Good morning,
> I have a problem with unzooming plots with octave 3.2.4 on windows xp
> (installer: Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup).
> I can zoom by two right clicks that define a rectangle, followed by
> one left click, but, after that, if I try to unzoom by typing 'a', the
> figure becomes "not responding" and I have to throw it away.
> If I make a figure directly by WGnuplot (the version which was
> installed by the same octave installer), the unzoom by 'a' works well.
> In addition to having unzoom ok, the figure layout produced by
> WGnuplot differs from the one by octave: there is an extra bar with
> command icons.
> I have found a similar question on mouse zoom/unzoom in the octave
> mail archive (18.08.2010), but I could not find any answer with a
> suggeted fix (the answer on 23/08 only asks what is the operating
> system).
> Thank you in advance
> Paolo Buratti

I see that the question about the operating system from 23.8.2010 was from me.
But never got an answer.

So here I see you are using windows. Probably you have trouble with the
oct2mat package. Can you check the following:

start octave and then type

pkg list

if you see in that list a package named oct2mat and it has an astrisk * which
tells you that it is loaded do the following

pkg -rebuild noauto oct2mat

exit octave and start it again and see if the problem is still there.