Re: 1.) imwrite() and 2.) octcdf-1.0.13

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 1.) imwrite() and 2.) octcdf-1.0.13
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:06:31 -0400

On 28-Oct-2010, katha wrote:

| "If you compiled octave yourself then it seems as if you did not have the
| magickgraphics development package installed "
| YAST says it is installed. The version I cannot tell right now. I need to
| look it up tomorrow.

Maybe you only have the graphicsmagick program and run-time libraries?
To build Octave linked with the graphicsmagick libraries, you need the
development package.  I don't know about Suse, but on Debian the
packages are

  graphicsmagick            collection of image processing tools
  libgraphicsmagick++3      format-independent image processing - C++ shared
library
  libgraphicsmagick3        format-independent image processing - C shared
library
  libgraphicsmagick++1-dev  format-independent image processing - C++
development files
  libgraphicsmagick1-dev    format-independent image processing - C development
files

You probably have the first three but you also need the -dev packages.

jwe