Re: 1.) imwrite() and 2.) octcdf-1.0.13

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: 1.) imwrite() and 2.) octcdf-1.0.13
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:27:20 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010, 19:33:52 schrieb katha:
> Hey,
> First of all, I have no clue of how a PC or octave work, I only try to work
> with it. I hope my questions aren't to stupid.
>
> I just got octave 3.3.53 on and tried to use the  imwrite-function and got
>
> the following message:
> >imwrite(Bild,"Testpng.png","png")
> >error: __magick_format_list__: not available in this version of Octave
> >error: called from:
> >error:   /usr/local/share/octave/3.3.53/m/image/imwrite.m at line 72,
>
> column 3
>
> What is "not available in this version of Octave" ? How do I get it?
>
> The 2. problem is about octcdf-1.0.13.
> If I try to call a function of the package, "break down"
>
> >octave:41> nc=netcdf("Test.nc",'c')
> >terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
> >
> >  what():  std::bad_alloc
> >
> >panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
> >attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
> >save to `octave-core' complete
> >Abgebrochen
>
> What happened and how can I fix it??
>
> Hope you can help me
>
> Katha

Can you give some additional information to make it possible to help.

Where did you get octave from? Did you compile it yourself (which sounds
reasonable since it is 3.3.53 which is a development snapshot and no stable
version)? And which operating system are you using?

If you compiled octave yourself then it seems as if you did not have the
magickgraphics development package installed (assuming you run linux).

Please provide the info and we can give you better advise how to solve your
problems.
About the netcdf I can say nothing but someone else might know more about it.