Re: executing plot in background

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: executing plot in background
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:11:19 -0700 (PDT)

You can use

figure ("visible", "off");

or

set (0, "defaultfigure", "off");

To turn screen printing back on, replace "off" with "on".

This is also handy if you are running remotely and don't want the figures to
display.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Begoña Fuentes wrote:

Hello everyone,I am trying to save some plots, and for that I am successfully
using
"print" command, printing them to certain .png files.

The problem is that I would like to execute my program in background, without
the user
knowing that some graphs are being plotted. This is: when I launch the .m and
the plots
are drawn just before the print command I don't want to see them. I just want
the .m to
write those graphs in png files.

So is there any possibility of "telling" octave not to show me the plots while
they are
being drawn to a file?

Any help here is quite appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

--
Begoña Fuentes