Re: help with vectorization of update rule

From: grg
Subject: Re: help with vectorization of update rule
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:56:12 -0700 (PDT)

Søren Hauberg wrote:

> Try the following (more simple solution):
>
>     z = x0 * (A.^(0:T));

Hi Søren and John,

You are both indeed right: if T is increased to a number larger than 20, the
1st vectorized version of the code is faster than the loop, and the latest
is even faster.

However, I've just realized that yesterday I missed an important thing.
In my problem A is a *matrix*, not a scalar as in the examples.

That was indeed my initial question.  How to compute efficiently (i.e.,
without a loop) A.^t, when size(A)=[s s], and size(t)=[1 T].

Thanks again for your previous input.
Giorgio