Re: make error: dir-ops.cc:61: error: ‘ strerror ’ is not a member of ‘

From: Alexandru Cabuz
Subject: Re: make error: dir-ops.cc:61: error: ‘ strerror ’ is not a member of ‘ gnulib ’
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:27:20 +0200

Excuse me for jumping in, but I am having the same problem, on Debian, lenny. I have upgraded the automake to 1.11 from testing...

When I try to run autogen.sh I get this:

generating source lists for liboctave/Makefile...
../liboctave/vx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
../liboctave/vx-op-src.mk is unchanged
../liboctave/mx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
../liboctave/mx-op-src.mk is unchanged
../liboctave/smx-op-inc.mk is unchanged
../liboctave/smx-op-src.mk is unchanged
generating doc/interpreter/images.mk...
awk: Fatal: ne peut ouvrir le fichier source « images.awk » pour lecture (Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type)
generating src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk...
../../src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk is unchanged
bootstrapping...
autogen.sh: line 23: ./bootstrap: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type

Which means bootstrap, file not found. I am on the 3.3.52. On the 3.3.53 it is exactly the same.

Why would the bootstrap file be missing ? Am i missing something really really obvious ?

Thank you and please excuse me for the other post outside this thread...

--
Alexandru I. Cabuz
Tel: +33 (0)6.70.70.46.41

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.