Re: leasqr

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: leasqr
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:54:28 -0500

On 14 October 2010 14:10, Ryan Hoffman <address@hidden> wrote:
> The "leasqr" command, mentioned in a lot of documentation/tutorials,
> does not seem to be part of the current Octave system. Searching
> Nabble, there are lots of queries regarding the use of leasqr, so I'm
> wondering what/why I'm missing [it].

It's in the 'Forge. Look it up here:

     http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_alpha.php

Click around, and you'll see it's in the optim package, which is a
'Forge package.

I don't know how good the RH packaging of 'Forge packages is (but my
ignorance may soon fade)... If 3.0.x is the latest RH packaging, then
that distro's Octave packaging is in dire need of some love.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.