Re: Getting Started

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Getting Started
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:38:49 +0200

Am Sonntag, 10. Oktober 2010, 19:44:51 schrieb Peter Dawes:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your swift reply. How do I find the command line for octave and
> put this command in?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

If you use octave on windows it depends on a few things. One possibility is
that you edit the octave icon with which you start it (or the menu entry) and
add the --silent there as a command option (I have no windows here now so I
cannot describe it very detailed).
The second approach is to start a cmd.exe shell and run the command

octave --silent

if the octave command is not found your path variable does not contain the
path where octave is installed so you either change your path variable or you
enter the full path name in the dos box something similar to that

c:\octave3.2.4\bin\octave --silent

what this path really is on your machine depends on where you installed it.

If you are on linux open a terminal and type

octave --silent

For Mac OS I have no clue, never used it.

- Martin

PS: Please keep the list on cc by using "reply to all"