Re: how to enable native graphics

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: how to enable native graphics
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:46:08 -0500

On 9 October 2010 10:38, Martijn Brouwer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks, just backend("fltk") did work, though fltk was not listed by
> "available_backends". I'm lookinf forward for further developments of
> opengl accelerated 3D graphics.

Or help us out! The backend is pretty much just two source files:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/tip/src/graphics.cc

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/tip/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/fltk_backend.cc

It's almost all self-contained within those two files. I've found that
just understanding the graphics code by itself has been pretty easy,
because I don't have to trace through most of the Octave source tree
in order to figure out what's going on.

There's also a few m-scripts to read, but you should have an even
easier time with those.

- Jordi G. H.