Part of Octave site down

From: Hans Husman
Subject: Part of Octave site down
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:40:03 +0200

Hello!

I noticed that parts of the GNU Octave sites have been down at least
two days (calendar) at least including the Wiki:
wiki.octave.org

I was also very pleased and impressed finding Octave. Matlab is to
expensive for me so Gnu Octave is a very nice alternative.

 I have also made an article series in our Swedish research net
publication. It is an important possibility for a lot of
organizations. Recently heard that the student license  the students
of the Swedish universities gets (at least regarding Uppsala
Universitet) do not include or function properly at their home given
they can not connect to the license server. I might if I remember to
point the possibility out for them.

Also we have started to use it for creating illustrations to the
articles while at the same time publish the code for them. It gives a
nice combination of value for both us and the reader through both the
value of the code and the illustration. Octave also made it possible
to create articles with testing environment of different areas such as
fractals, neuron networks, perception, visualization of concepts
trying to express infinity and more.

The central sub page for GNU Octave at it their other articles can be
found if it interest you are at:
http://www.nyfikenvital.org/?q=node/2915
Though in Swedish Google Translate usually gives a rather readable and
nice translation.

It also what we use to build a model environment of the
language.though little regarding code exists yet.

Best regards
Hans Husman