Re: No graphical output of octave script

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: No graphical output of octave script
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:41:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Oct 08, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Juergen Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

if I do:

octave:34> imshow("file.tif");

a window is opened, which shows file.tif. If I write a script:

#!/usr/bin/octave -q
arg_list = argv();
fname=arg_list(1);
imshow(fname);
input("continue");

the image is not shown. What I am doing wrong?

When the script is done, Octave exists. To run the script and then continue with an interactive Octave session, start the script with ...

#!/usr/bin/octave -q --persist

Another option is to add "pause()" to the end of the script. Then the window will remain until you enter <return> at the command prompt.

Ben