Re: default properties for axis label objects

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: default properties for axis label objects
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 18:40:58 -0400

On Oct 6, 2010, at 1:54 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  5-Oct-2010, bpabbott wrote:
>
> | I don't know if Octave works differently, but for Matlab the callback occurs
> | after the axis is created. Which I expect resolves the recursion problem.
>
> In Octave, it also happens after the axis is created, but it is still
> inside the gca function, hence the recursion.  I think it would
> require some new mechanism for executing callbacks in order to make
> the callback happen after gca returns.  Maybe we should discuss this
> on the maintainers list.
>
> jwe

A possible related issue is the difference between how Matlab and Octave have
implemented listeners.

        http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/handle.addlistener.html

Might the axes createfcn be triggered by a change to the parent figure's
"children" property?

In any event, I think it a good idea to move to bring this up on the
maintainer's list.

Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Ben