Re: Install Image package on Mac OS X

From: c.
Subject: Re: Install Image package on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:40:29 +0200

On 24 Sep 2010, at 14:03, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Sep 23, 2010, at 8:34 PM, pm wrote:

Hello,

thank you very much for all your answers. Actually I re-installed XCode first to have 'make' because I needed it anyway to install fink. I also
installed gfortran as you advised.
After I tried to install image package and it didn't work:

I had this kind of warning:
ld: warning: in
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave-3.2.3, file was built
for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

It sounds to me like you're building a 32bit Octave, but have chosen to install 64bit Fink.

I assume you  are running Snow Leopard (10.6.x) ?

Ben

It seems a known problem with the defaults of gcc having changed, I cannot find the a link to the thread about this but I remember the solution was to add the following lines in "/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/mkoctfile"

CFLAGS="-m32 ${CFLAGS}"
FFLAGS="-m32 ${FFLAGS}"
CPPFLAGS="-m32 ${CPPFLAGS}"
CXXFLAGS="-m32 ${CXXFLAGS}"