Re: Install Image package on Mac OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Install Image package on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:02:43 -0400

On Sep 22, 2010, at 9:40 PM, pm wrote:

> I tried and actually it says:
>
> -bash: make: command not found
>
> It seems that gcc or something like that is not found but I've no idea why
> because I installed XCode and I use it to compile different project in
> Objective-C so it should be able to find it.
> Do you have an idea to correct it?
>
> Thanks a lot.

What is your path ?

        $ echo $PATH

Is make in /usr/bin ?

        $ ls /usr/bin/make

If make is there, but "/usr/bin" is not in your path, you'll need to set your
path correctly. I do that in my ~/.bashrc file. If you don't have a ~/.bashrc
file. You can create one with the lines below.

if [ -z "$PATH" ]; then
  PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin;/usr/local/bin
fi

I'm accustomed to having all this sort of thing handled for me, so there may be
additional things to do that I'm not thinking of.

Ben