legend location 'outside' not working

From: Bob Lounsbury
Subject: legend location 'outside' not working
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:20:21 -0600

I've searched and searched and not found a clear answer, thought it would be better to email the pro's.

Here's my issue ... In Octave 3.0.5:

> plot(0:10)
> legend('linear','location','eastoutside')

works as expected with the legend to the outside of the plot.

However, in Octave 3.2.3 the same code produces a legend inside the plot not outside. Has this been fixed in Octave 3.2.4? How do I get the legend to the outside of the plot area?

Thanks,
Bob