AX=B system of linear equations

From: Awhan Patnaik
Subject: AX=B system of linear equations
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:12:06 +0530

Hello all
I am trying to solve for X in  AX=B. I have tried the LU decomposition
based method from GSL however the results are not as good as the one
given by octave using A\B method. So I wanted to called octave from my
c++ code to solve the equation.
I wrote the following code and tried to compile it using mkoctfile
--link-stand-alone however I dont' know what to write in place of

x = a\b

I have tried

x = mldivide(a, b) also but that does not work.

Please suggest an answer.

The code can be found at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/842054/axb.cpp