Re: Octave and databases

From: fork
Subject: Re: Octave and databases
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:41:06 +0000 (UTC)

Martin Helm <martin <at> mhelm.de> writes:

> > And heavy and computing-intensive.
> >
> > Pascal
>
> Not at all, database access via java is as performant as access via native
> libraries.

I think a lot of people (myself included) view java as a redundant dependency
with licensing problems -- a headache with very little payoff.  That is another
debate altogether, but I think it is important to have a non-java solution to
database problems.  For me, it is a combination of system() and sed, but that
isn't exactly graceful either.