octave on Cygwin / error running delaunay

From: Peter Schuerch
Subject: octave on Cygwin / error running delaunay
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:41:21 +0200

Hi
I'm new to octave and have recently installed it under CygWing running this
version of CygWin:
$ uname
CYGWIN_NT-5.1

and running this version of Octave:

$ octave --version
GNU Octave, version 3.2.4
Copyright (C) 2009 John W. Eaton and others.
[...]

I tried the following commands:

octave:1> x=rand(1,10);
octave:2> y=rand(size(x));
octave:3> T=delaunay(x,y);
error: No such file or directory
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.4/m/geometry/delaunayn.m at line 55, column 5
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.2.4/m/geometry/delaunay.m at line 55, column 11

I have checked, both files (delaunayn.m and delaunay.m) exist.

Firstly I don't exactly understand what the problem is / what the error message
means and secondly what I need to do to rectify it.
Is it a problem with the installation?

Any help is appreciated.
Peter

--
Peter Schuerch, address@hidden, +44 750 104 38 31
6 Taylor Avenue, Bearpark, DH7 7AY, United Kingdom

GMX.ch - Schweizer FreeMail-Dienst mit über 800.000 Mitgliedern
E-Mail & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chfreemail