RE: make check: src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc ..............................

From: RUSS BRENNAN
Subject: RE: make check: src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc .............................. ** On entry to DLASCL parameter number 4 had an illegal value
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:26:50 -0500

Very astute observation!  That indeed solved the issue.  I have applied the graphics magick patch to resolve the imread error,  and now all test pass except 8 from the data.cc section. I'll paste the output from the first failure here.  I have tried compiling octave with -O2 as well as no optimization flag in case that was the issue, to no avail.

==========================
  ***** test
 rt2 = sqrt (2);
 rt3 = sqrt (3);
 v = single([0, pi/6, pi/4, pi/3, -pi/3, -pi/4, -pi/6, 0]);
 y = single([0, rt3, 1, rt3, -rt3, -1, -rt3, 0]);
 x = single([1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1]);
 assert(atan2 (y, x), v, sqrt (eps('single')));
  ***** error <Invalid call to atan2.*> atan2 ();
  ***** error <Invalid call to atan2.*> atan2 (1, 2, 3);
  ***** assert (size (hypot (zeros (0, 2), zeros (0, 2))), [0, 2])
  ***** assert (size (hypot (rand (2, 3, 4), zeros (2, 3, 4))), [2, 3, 4])
  ***** assert (size (hypot (rand (2, 3, 4), 1)), [2, 3, 4])
  ***** assert (size (hypot (1, rand (2, 3, 4))), [2, 3, 4])
  ***** assert (size (hypot (1, 2)), [1, 1])
  ***** assert (hypot (1:10, 1:10), sqrt(2) * [1:10], 16*eps)
  ***** assert (hypot (single(1:10), single(1:10)), single(sqrt(2) * [1:10]));
  ***** assert(log2 ([1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4]), [-2, -1, 0, 1, 2]);
  ***** assert(log2(Inf), Inf);
  ***** assert(isnan(log2(NaN)));
  ***** assert(log2(4*i), 2 + log2(1*i));
  ***** assert(log2(complex(0,Inf)), Inf + log2(i));
!!!!! test failed
assert (log2 (complex (0, Inf)),Inf + log2 (i)) expected
Inf + 2.266i
but got
NaN - NaNi
NaNs don't matchoctave:2>