Re: fminunc problem

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: fminunc problem
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:48:32 +0200

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Gaël de Lannoy
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  Hello everybody
>
> I have recently quit matlab for octave 2.1.57. I am trying to use
> fminunc in a matlab-like style and get the following error:

The 2.1.57 version is absolutely stone age. Further, the fminunc
function you use is not from Octave but from an extension package
(OctaveForge), and it supports very few options. Octave 3.2.4 contains
a fminunc implemenation that is much better in this regard, although
the algorithm there is not really a top performer.

I recommend you upgrade to at least 3.2.4.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer