Re: getting rid of image headers

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: getting rid of image headers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:10:19 -0500

Hi, Richard. Try to avoid sending HTML emails. It's an old Usenet
convention inherited by mailing lists that some of us still like.

On 30 August 2010 16:27, Richard Evans <address@hidden> wrote:
> I thought adding "-ascii" to the save command would get rid of the
> header information. It did... however, the file size changed (the
> image width doubled but the image height remained unchanged) when I
> added the "-ascii" to the save command as shown below.

Attempting to do what you describe, I'm unable to reproduce your
problem. I am guessing that the problem is that your image has more
than one channel and when you save with the -ascii, the two matrices
(two channels) get smooshed into a single larger matrix because
there's no header information that says where one channel begins and
the other ends.. I'll wait for you to clarify before trying to
diagnose this again.

Perhaps you could try a binary format? Or imwrite instead of save?

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.