Re: Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) for octave?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) for octave?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:00:00 +0200

tor, 26 08 2010 kl. 10:59 -0400, skrev Judd Storrs:

> On a related note, if we're going after the pitchforks and torches,
> why hasn't octave-gpc been culled from octave-forge?  The GPC issue is
> a greater offence because GPC is not even free software.  4-clause BSD
> is free software, it's just not GPL compatible. If we're going to
> allow octave-gpc to be distributed, don't we have to allow this, too?

Currently we have two non-free packages in Octave-Forge: 'gpc' and
'spline-gsvspl'. These have been part of Octave-Forge from before I
started using Octave, so I am unsure about the motivation for making
them part of Octave-Forge.

Today we do not accept new GPL incompatible packages at Octave-Forge.

I am willing to discuss removing incompatible packages from
Octave-Forge, but I think such a discussion should happen in a different
thread on the Octave-Forge list. It is, however, important to me that
the maintainers of these packages take part in such a discussion.

Søren