Re: Otave installation and run problem.

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Otave installation and run problem.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:43:31 -0700 (PDT)

On 26 Aug, 2010,at 10:45 AM, RD Floyd <address@hidden> wrote:

I installed octave from octave-3,23-1386.dmg.
When I attempt to rin octave I get the following message:

claire-michaels-powerbook58:~ RD$ exec '/Applications/Octave.app/
Contents/Resources/bin/octave'
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave: line 62: /
Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave-32.3: Bad CPU
type in executable

[Process completed]

I am using a 1.67 ghz PowerPC G4 with 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM

What else do I need?

R.D. Floyd

You've downloaded and installed the Intel version of Octave and are trying to run it on your PowerPC based Mac.

Please download and install the PowerPC version of Octave instead.

Ben