0.3*3 == 0.9?

From: Michael Creel
Subject: 0.3*3 == 0.9?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:13:14 +0200

Before filing a bug report, I wanted to check if for some reason this is expected behavior, or if it has been fixed in the development sources. I'm running the snapshot before the most recent one.
Thanks,
Michael

address@hidden:~$ octave
GNU Octave, version 3.3.51+
Copyright (C) 2010 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave:1> 0.3*2 == 0.6
ans =  1
octave:2> 0.3*3 == 0.9
ans = 0