math symbols and angstrom in postscript

From: kloof
Subject: math symbols and angstrom in postscript
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:10:43 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using octave 3.2.5 on ubuntu and I'd like to use all math/greek/other
symbols of postscript, but they don't show up in the postscript file (print
-dpsc2) although I can see some of them in the gnuplot graphics of octave.

The tricks that work in gnuplot (4.2) like "{/Symbol a}" or something
similar works, but not for instance {\305} (which I think should give
angstrom).

I haven't found any documentation on this, but I can hardly believe I'm the
first one to need this.

Is there a list of codes for octave+gnuplot or are there easier ways to get
these specific characters (I don't want the whole text string converted to
danish or greek, just one character).

many thanks,

kloof