Re: [colorbar] wrong dimensions with 'axis square'

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [colorbar] wrong dimensions with 'axis square'
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 07:49:05 -0400

On Aug 24, 2010, at 5:39 AM, Martin Helm wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 24. August 2010, 09:14:58 schrieb Martijn:
>> Hi,
>> When I draw a colorbar along a pcolor image and make the axes square
>> (axis('square')), the dimensions of the colorbar are also changed, and
>> the colorbar becomes enreadible low, as shown in the attached image.
>>
>> If others can reproduce this, I will file a bug. I am running octave
>> 3.2.3 and gnuplot 4.2. The problem occurs both with the X11 and the wxt
>> backend. Do you get the same results?
>>
>> Martijn
>
> Checked meanwhile 3.2.4 with gnuplot 4.4.0 it looks different, colorbar is
> not
> squeezed but the axis are not square.
> So it is something related to gnuplot version but any combination seems not
> behave as it should.
>
> Development version (last checkout one hour ago) with gp 4.4. behaves the
> same.
>
> - mh

Please confirm that the same problem occurs for the colorbar demo's for the
development version.

        demo ("colorbar", 25:26)

These two demos work as expected for me when using Gnupot's "x11" or "aqau"
terminals (gnuplot 4.4 on MacOS X).

There is a known problem with Gnuplot's wxt terminal on the Mac, which should
be fixed when 4.4.1 is released, so I can't test that.

A confirmation that the x11 and wxt terminals behave in a consistent manner on
Linux or Windows would be helpful as well.

Ben