Changed graphics backend?

From: Steen Eiler Jørgensen
Subject: Changed graphics backend?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:30:22 +0200

On my last Octave installation (MS Windows), whenever I plotted anything, I got these nice, rather small windows with a toolbar on top for zooming, saving etc. But first and foremost, the font size was *perfect*.

I had to reinstall, and now (Octave 3.2.3), when I plot, I get very large windows with no toolbar, and when I save the images as eps, the font size is very small, and I have to manually increase font size to 20 to make it readable.

Has the graphics backend changed? I don't think I made any choices as to graphics backend when I installed. The command available_backends() gives me only gnuplot.

What am I doing wrong? I want my old plotting environment back!

Best regards,
Steen Jorgensen