Re: Is this a numerical problem?

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Is this a numerical problem?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:45:11 -0400

2010/8/19 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> Last time I checked GCC has very excellent binary to decimal conversion
> routines.

They're not perfect. It's a very fiddly picky thing to worry about.
Here's a blog post with links to gcc bug reports:

    http://www.exploringbinary.com/incorrectly-rounded-conversions-in-gcc-and-glibc/

Well, that's taking about decimal to binary conversion. That's different. I thought this thread was about what octave was displaying not how it was converting typed values to binary. I'll go back to the top and reread. Sorry if I was confused.

--judd