Re: Parse error?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Parse error?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:53:00 -0500

On 12 August 2010 09:53, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
> Another option is to use "smart" editors, like f.i. emacs with the
> octave-mode.

Current octave-mode in Emacs needs a lot of work. The code for
octave-mode has been gathering bit rot for a while. While it works ok,
it definitely could work better.

The code has been recently been moved from Octave's sources to Emacs'
sources, but the problem seems to be that the general Emacs community
at large has little use for it, since Octave and Matlab syntax seems
to be much more of a niche than, say, Python or C++.

I'll try to submit a patch to the emacs-devel list again for
recognising single-quoted strings in octave-mode. It got ignored last
time I submitted, probably due to the aformentioned lack of interest
by the general Emacs community.