Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin

From: Siep Kroonenberg
Subject: Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:51:40 +0200

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:12:58AM +0200, Javier Fernández wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2010, 20:07:20 schrieb fork:
> >> florence.renalier <florence.renalier <at> laposte.net> writes:
>
> The TCL bindings mentioned in the FAQ are these?
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/tcl-octave/index.html
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/tcl-octave/overview.html
> Can they be used to make a simple GUI? I wouldn't have guessed it from
> the function list.
>
> I cannot find the Vtk bindings. Are they useful for making GUIs?

Coming back to my earlier claim: a Tcl/Tk GUI interface `from the
outside' doesn't require any packages. It just runs an ootb octave
from a tcl script. Main non-gui tcl ingredients: piped input and
output, the fileevent callback, and the `after' proc for a timer.

For the next few weeks, I have to meet some unrelated deadlines, but
when I have time later this year I'll try to publish something.

--
Siep Kroonenberg