Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin

From: fork
Subject: Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:07:20 +0000 (UTC)

florence.renalier <florence.renalier <at> laposte.net> writes:

> Dear all,
> I am using Octave, installed from Cygwin (on Windows XP). After some research
> on the Internet, I understoood one of the best ways to include GUIs in Octave
> (in order to create custom GUIs) is to use flkt-Octave (Am I right ??).

fltk is a library for plotting graphics (a replacement for gnuplot), not
interactive GUI's (like popping up dialog boxes and asking for input). So, no,
you aren't quite right.

I am not sure how to address the rest of your compilation issues, but they might
be moot since fltk is not going to do what you want.

Zenity is probably the best you are going do for GUI interaction, and I suggest
you look into that.  Octave doesn't support Matlab style GUI programming, so far
as I know.