Re: help needed with csparse and octave-compile problem

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: help needed with csparse and octave-compile problem
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:20:36 +0200

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM, sibu xolo <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2010-August/021000.html
>
> I checked my installation of csparse.  The problem appears to have been
> differences in the cs.h  installed by csparse and cs.h installed by cxsparse.
> The later was installed last.
> By omitting the installation of the cs.h for csparse, both octave-3.2.4 and
> octave-3.5.2   compiles to completion.  teh first ;successful' octave-3.5.2
> build  failed because I do not hve tex installed;  --disable-docs  did the
> fix.
>
> I have both liblapack.so  and liblapack.a  (compiled with gfortran -m64 -fPIC
> ).  The configure  for both versions of octave tried script fails with
> --with-lapack="-llapack".  The static library is required.

This is not normal, and using a shared library is recommended (LAPACK
is quite huge). If it fails at configure, most likely the libs were
not properly configured by ldconfig. I use shared libraries for LAPACK
as well as UMFPACK, CXSparse et al.
--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer