displaying matrix along with bar graph

From: Manoj Deshpande
Subject: displaying matrix along with bar graph
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 22:54:52 -0400

I wish to display a matrix of values( 2 rows , 6 cols ) , in the same figure as that of a bar graph. Ideally the matrix should appear below the x axis lablel of the graph.  From what i read , matlab has 'uitable' which is a missing function in octave. What are my best options ? text ( ) ?  I am not particular about a table format or the style , just 2 rows of 6 values are to be displayed . Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Manoj