Re: non-integer passed to boolean operator

From: George Barrick
Subject: Re: non-integer passed to boolean operator
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:53:58 -0400

                                                   2010.07.29.17:52:45 UT

Hello Yi Lu,

              You might get more help if you posted your

message to a forum where folks look at questions

surrounding Gnuplot.  The octave software uses

Gnuplot for plotting, but it covers up the Gnuplot

details, and few current users of octave have solid

knowledge of Gnuplot syntax.

             It has been a while since I used Gnuplot, but

your calls to plot look a bit odd.  I cannot remember

a situation where I called the Gnuplot plot command

using integer parameters of the sort you have:

     plot N=0, S=0, Y(x)

            Really, it is best to work through difficulties

like yours by first trying _very_simple_ plots.  Then

build your experience (and confidence) by adding

more of the sort of complexity that you wish to

see in your target example.  If the simple plots

work, you will see (as you proceed) where the

difficult parts begin to show up.

         The idea behind most requests for help on a

forum is to try to present the most simple example

that does cause your system to have problems.

In general, software forums are not the kind of

place where people who need homework help

should stand out in the forum, and yell:

‘’HELLLPPP! Save me from myself!”

          Please submit an example where you’ve

done some research, and narrowed the problem

a bit.

George                                        address@hidden

occasional GNU/Octave

forum participant