overloading variables in octave function calls

From: Rishi Amrit
Subject: overloading variables in octave function calls
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:11:43 -0500

Hi,

   I am trying to do automatic differentiation of functions using a COIN package called ADOL-C. Its a C package so I wrote a wrapper CC file. Now ADOLC is written to differentiate C/C++ programs by overloading all the double/float variables with a new type called active type - adouble. So it requires all the function calculations to happen with active variables. Now suppose I want to pass an octave function. So that octave function is evaluated using feval in the CC file and the data type it takes in is a columnvector. Is it possible to overload columnvector with adouble ? I doubt it is, but just making sure.

Thanks,

Rishi