Re: Constructing arrays

From: dirac
Subject: Re: Constructing arrays
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi thanks for the reply,

I see how this can work, but I am having problems with my data. The problem
I think is that I have a matrix which I pre-defined as zeros, then replaced
by numbers from a for loop calculation. I don't know how many rows I will be
using in the calculation (in the for loop) so I pre allocated more than
enough...Could this be a problem? Should I remove the zeros on the end of
the vector with the indecies in?

Also could I have something like:

a=[1:10]
b=matrix
col=some pre defined column from the matrix
plot(a(1:length(b),col))

it is b that has the zeros and indecies in.

Sorry if this isn't very clear!

Thanks
Martin

-----
Pretty much convinced Octave>Excel for scientific data analysis!