audio record

From: un speakable
Subject: audio record
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:06:40 +0200

Hi all,

I have a question to the record function in octave. Everything is working very fine, I made my own audio analysis tool. But I have one problem with the recording from the microphone.
x=record(time,samplingrate);
I can´t change the sampling rate. When I use some other value for the sampling rate than 8000 then the time differ from the chosen value, but the sampling rate is still 8000. For example:
x=record(1,44000);
Here the recording time is 5,8 sec it´s close to the value 44000/8000 -> sampling rate is still 8000 but recording time excedes the chosen 1 sec.

Do you have a solution for this problem or can you help me how I can change the sampling rate?

It woult be great, when you could help me!
Thank you very much for your help!!

Regards,
Tobias