Re: Windows Package

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Windows Package
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:27:27 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010 17:14:55 schrieb Martin Helm:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010 15:38:49 schrieb John Hudock:
> > I did also try to retreive the package from
> > http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php after I installed the 3.2.4
> > version of Octave and found the Windows package still empty, with no
> > luck. Even the description of the package at
> > http://octave.sourceforge.net/windows/overview.html shows all the
> > functions not implemented. So I can only imagine that there is an updated
> > version somewhere, but it is not at all clear where.
> >
> > My pkg list shows:
> >
> > [snip]
> >           windows *|   1.0.8 | ...\share\octave\packages\windows-1.0.8
>
> So your windows package is installed and loaded, it is not clear to me what
> makes you exactly think it is empty? How did you check it?
> Did you look into the folder where it is installed?
> Did you check with
>
> pkg describe -verbose windows
>
> and then invoke one of the functions? The functions in the webpage are
>  shown as missing due to a problem in the webpage (when the documentation
>  string is not parsed successfully it is shown as not implemented as I
>  remeber from some discussion here or on the oct-dev mailing list some time
>  ago).
>
> With the 3.2.3 installed on a virtual windows machine I see the package
>  exists and the functions are there (I can invoke them).
> Will try the 3.2.4 later.
>
> - mh

checked now also 3.2.4 windows installer without installing anything else (of
course I ticked the octave forge packages in the installer).

After starting octave and
pkg load windows

win32_MessageBox ("title", "text")

gives me a message box with an ok button and title "title" and message "text".
So maybe your installation went somehow wrong if it is really not there.

- mh