Octave debugging mode prompt problem

From: George Perendia
Subject: Octave debugging mode prompt problem
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:05:59 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam

I am trying to enter debug mode running octave under cygwin.

The problem is that each described method in manual of entering debug mode
results in my prompt and cygwin window freezing and the only thing I can
do is C-c to exit the application.

e.g.
When octave hits dbstop file,line or keyboard('debug') it informs of the stop
and then the prompt and
keyboard  freezes without promptimg "debug>" mode (and not at the line I
specified
using dbstop<fname>,<lineno>  but at the first line of the file).

Is octave trying to open another (e.g. X11) window instead?

Best regards
George