Enabling large array, in MS windows

From: Middendorf, John R Civ USAF AFRL/RYJT
Subject: Enabling large array, in MS windows
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:29:41 -0400

Hi,

I’m working on a project with the AFRL,  I have an issue with indexing.  I require a matrix larger than 2 GB and am having trouble discovering a way around this limitation.  I have 8GB RAM.  I have seen that there  are ways to enable 64 bit indexing in Linux, but I do not have access to Linux (I wish I did, I like it better anyway).  So I’m stuck on a windows machine.  Is there some way to enable 64 bit indexing on Octave for windows?

Thanks,

John